Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4
Experience:  15years with H & R Block. Divisional leader, Instructor

I have a question about expenses annual charitable

Customer Question

Hi, I have a question about expenses for an annual charitable production my wife and I do every year. Seems this is not for profit of any kind, are any of the expenses deductible like equipment purchases, maintenance of current equipment and power usage during the shows? It all started out as my personal hobby several years ago but it has grown to be an expected local community charity event.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Robin D. replied 6 months ago.
HelloIf you are spending your funds on behalf of a recognized charitable organization you can claim your costs as a charitable donation on your Schedule A. As long as the charity does not reimburse you the amounts you spend in work for the charity is allowed.Your personal time (or the value of your time)is not a deduction.Please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. Thank you!