Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4
Experience:  15years with H & R Block. Divisional leader, Instructor
14155347

Just found out 1 1099 was not included in my 1096 filing. do

Customer Question

Just found out 1 1099 was not included in my 1096 filing. do I just file a new 1096 for that amount of the missing 1099
JA: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more so we can help you best.
Customer: I filed a 1096 with one missing 1099. Now, besides sending the recipient a 1099 how do I inform the Gov.
JA: Anything else I can tell the Accountant before I connect you two?
Customer: no
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Accountant about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Robin D. replied 1 year ago.
HelloPrepare a second 1099MISC for the vendor who was left out, then prepare a new 1096 transmittal form for this omitted 1099MISC(s) and send it to the IRS.