Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq., Tax Attorney
Experience:  10 years experience
16356563

I have filed my taxes . I just heard about the new

Customer Question

I have filed my taxes for 2015. I just heard about the new consumer cash rebates and the deadline for filing for those is April 18. Where do I secure a form for those?
Category: Tax
Expert:  emc011075 replied 8 months ago.
Hi. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you. Can you be more specific about those cash rebates? Where did you hear about them? IRS usually do not offer cash rebates of any kind.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Congress passed a bill which President Obama signed into law on a Friday afternoon in December--the 18th, I think. Congress had approved about 45 billion dollars to go the middle income families who had paid their taxes, much like the stimulus that President Bush did in 2006 or 7. Anyway, that is what I heard today but I cannot find anything about forms or claims.
Ok. What Obama approved was a spending bill. Some of bill is earmarked for certain tax credits that would expire at the end of the year if the bill didn't pass. It doesn't meant that everybody who pays taxes will get a check. What we received in 2006 and 2007 was type of advance credit. That's not what congress passed this time.