Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq., Tax Attorney
Experience:  10 years experience

Pearl. I have a passive investment property in my name

Customer Question

Hi Pearl. I have a passive investment property in my name (not in an LLC) that I've owned for 12 years. I am also a member of a tax lien LLC that soon will be taking possession of foreclosed properties. Will that flipping/'active' nature of that LLC impact my passive status on my investment property?
JA: The Accountant will know how to help. Anything else I can tell the Accountant before I connect you two?
Customer: Nope. Thanks.
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Accountant about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Stephen G. replied 6 months ago.
What type of property is it that you've owned for 12 years? Residential or Commercial rental property?