Anne, Master Tax Preparer
Experience:  Enrolled Agent with 25 Years Experience specializing Individual and Small Businesses

What does it mean to get a distress warrant from West

Customer Question

what does it mean to get a distress warrant from West Virginia state tax department for default on payment plan
Category: Tax
Expert:  Anne replied 6 months ago.
HiI'm Anne. I've been preparing taxes for 28 years and I'll be happy to help you. A Distress warrant is issued when you fail to meet your payments under the payment plan you set up. This is one of the last steps before you lose your home. You do have 65 days from the date the warrant was issued to pay your tax debt in full. Please see below: If this answer has helped you, please take the moment to rate positive by clicking on the stars.It is ONLY through positive ratings that we are compensated for our time and knowledge. Thank you for choosing justanswer.