How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Robin D. Your Own Question
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 14868
Experience:  15years with H & R Block. Divisional leader, Instructor
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Robin D. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

What happens if a spouse pass away before the Refund Check

Customer Question

What happens if a spouse pass away before the Refund Check comes back
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Robin D. replied 1 year ago.
HelloIf that were to happen then the IRS advises:"If you are a surviving spouse and you receive a tax refund check in both your name and your deceased spouse's name, you can have the check reissued in your name alone. Return the joint-name check marked “VOID” to your local IRS office or the service center where you mailed your return, along with a written request for reissuance of the refund check. A new check will be issued in your name and mailed to you."You are required to click a positive rating if I am to be credited with the response.You have to actively click on a rating and click submit. Smiley Faces or Stars.
Expert:  Robin D. replied 1 year ago.
Checking to see if you responded
Expert:  Robin D. replied 1 year ago.
Please respond below so I know you could view the answer.

Related Tax Questions