Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4
Experience:  15years with H & R Block. Divisional leader, Instructor

How can I obtain a copy of the form SS-4 I filled out online

Customer Question

How can I obtain a copy of the form SS-4 I filled out online to get my company's EIN number and Confirmation letter? I received the Ein number online and took a picture of the number issued as well as the summary page with my phone. My accountant is asking my for the original form filled out for taxes. I don't have the original form as it was done online. Trying to obtain a copy. Please advise! Thank you so much!
JA: The Accountant will know how to help. Anything else I can tell the Accountant before I connect you two?
Customer: no
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Accountant about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Robin D. replied 6 months ago.
HelloYou cannot get a copy of the SS4 but the IRS will send you a confirmation letter that verifies your EIN.Ask the IRS to search for your EIN by calling the Business & Specialty Tax Line at(###) ###-#### ***** hours of operation are 7:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m. local time, Monday through Friday. An assistor will ask you for identifying information and provide the number to you over the telephone, as long as you are a person who is authorized to receive it. Examples of an authorized person include, but are not limited to, a sole proprietor, a partner in a partnership, a corporate officer, a trustee of a trust, or an executor of an estate.They can fax you the verification when you ask.You are required to click a positive rating if I am to be credited with the response.You have to actively click on a rating and click submit. Smiley Faces or Stars.
Expert:  Robin D. replied 6 months ago.
Checking to see if you responded
Expert:  Robin D. replied 6 months ago.
Did you call and get the form you needed?