rakhi.v
rakhi.v, Tax Attorney
Experience:  Have graduated in Law with specialization & emphasis in Financial Laws and has working experience of over a decade.
43581946

Does a qsst have to file a 1041 as a grantor trust or can the

Customer Question

does a qsst have to file a 1041 as a grantor trust or can the k-1 from the
JA: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more so we can help you best.
Customer: does the qsst have to file a 1041 or can the s corp's k-1 be issued directly
JA: Anything else I can tell the Accountant before I connect you two?
Customer: to the income beneficiary.
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Accountant about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Tax
Expert:  rakhi.v replied 8 months ago.
Dear Friend,Hello and welcome. Thank you for providing an opportunity to assist you. Please note that a QSST will NOT report any earnings of whatsoever nature directly to its beneficiary. It is the S-Corp that reports. Having said this, it is the beneficiary which is the effective owner. The QSST is still a conduit trust, therefore the QSST meets the requirements of PLR and IRC code requirements to not file a tax return. The S-corp should issue the K-1 to the beneficiary of the QSST as it did during the life of the original beneficiary. I am sure this would help. You may please leave a positive rating if this helps as this is the only way we are compensated for assisting you. Alternatively, you may revert back with a reply if you need further assistance or if I have missed out on any aspect of your question. Warm Regards,