Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq., Tax Attorney
Experience:  10 years experience
16356563

My name is***** did an internship in the US

Customer Question

Hi, my name is***** did an internship in the US last summer with J-1 visa. I was getting paid at the US I am permanently living in Germany. I haven't asked for the treaty between Germany and US. Do I have to file a tax form in the US?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I am a PhD student at Germany. Last summer 2015 I spend 3 months working at US for a National Laboratory I was getting paid for my internship and from what I see I also paid US tax. I didn't ask for any tax treaty. My question is if I have to file a tax form.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Tax Professionals generally expect a deposit of about $32 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Tax
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Lev replied 8 months ago.
Can you verify - HOW income that you were paid in teh US was reported?Did you received form 1042 or W2? Or any other reporting form?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
W2
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Lev are you still here?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I thought that we will have an interactive chat. If this is not the case then I would like to ask for money back and close the session.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Can you confirm that you will send me the money back?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
38 Euro for that service is completely unacceptable.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
What is really going on? Is this think a scam?
Expert:  Lev replied 8 months ago.
Please expect delay in responses as that is a very busy time for tax personal.If you do not want to continue conversation of feel that your costs is too high - please clearly indicate - so I would not waste my time.Experts are ONLY credited when answers are rated positively.Experts do not have access to your personal information and payments - if you have any issues - please discuss with customer service..Please indicate your intention to continue conversation.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Lev I would like to terminate this session since it is not as expected. I don't want to waste your time. Let me know how I will ask for the refund. It was clearly mention that in case I don't find the service I am looking for I will not pay. Thanks
Expert:  Lev replied 7 months ago.
Experts do not have access to your personal information and payments - if you have any issues - please discuss with customer service.I will not be longer responding here.