Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4
Experience:  15years with H & R Block. Divisional leader, Instructor
14155347

My Wife died in Dec 2015,the will is going to probate, the

Customer Question

My Wife died in Dec 2015,the will is going to probate, the will has not been accepted, so I am not allowed to get into her seperate accounts. Does the IRS allow later filling.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Robin D. replied 8 months ago.
HelloYou can request an extension of your personal return filing using form 4868. This would allow till October for the personal return to be filed.It only extends filing not payment so if you generally owe tax when you file you need to pay what you expect to owe with the extension by April 18th (we receive 3 extra days this filing year).You are required to click a positive rating if I am to be credited with the response.You have to actively click on a rating and click submit. Smiley Faces or Stars.
Expert:  Robin D. replied 8 months ago.
https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f4868.pdf The above is a link to the form.