Mark Anderson
Mark Anderson, Tax Attorney
Experience:  Tax attorney and accountant
17793914

My son had a stroke and I am doing his income tax .

Customer Question

My son had a stroke and I am doing his income tax for him. If he gets a refund how can I cash it for him? He can try to initial it. He is paralyzed on his right side. His left side is ok. He is aware of what is going on. He can scribble his name or initial
Category: Tax
Expert:  Mark Anderson replied 1 year ago.
I would suggest you have him sign it. There is case law that an X is a valid signature. If you need to handle his affairs you may need to get a guardianship if you had no power of attorney in place. Does he have a bank account with you? You might want deposit it in that account. I hope this answers your question. If not, then please reply. Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I forgot my password. ***@******.***
I don't know about the password. If you think I answered your question, then please accept. Thank you.