Lev, Tax Advisor
Experience:  Taxes, Immigration, Labor Relations

I am 81 years old (12/30/34) this is the first year that my

Customer Question

I am 81 years old (12/30/34) this is the first year that my income has been under $20,000. do I have to file?
Category: Tax
Expert:  Lev replied 6 months ago.
At your age your filing requirements in 2015 starts with gross income $11,850 - assuming you are single.HOWEVER if a part of that $20,000 is social security benefits - please be aware that in your situation - social security benefits are NOT taxable and are not included into your gross income for income tax purposes.For instance if you have $10,000 in social security benefits and $10,000 in taxable pension - you are NOT required to file in 2015.Questions?
Expert:  Lev replied 6 months ago.
Let me know if you need verification for your specific situation.Please specify separately amounts and types of income..I appreciate if you take a moment to rate the answer.Experts are ONLY credited when answers are rated positively.If you still have any doubts, need clarification - please be sure to ask.I am here to help you will all tax related issues.