Stephen G.
Stephen G., Sr Income Tax Expert
Experience:  Extensive Experience with Tax, Financial & Estate Issues

I lost my home due to a flood, Memorial day weekend, 2015.

Customer Question

I lost my home due to a flood, Memorial day weekend, 2015. Our area in Wimberley, Texas was declared a disaster by the President. I have great loss for this income tax filing and need an extension. My files were destroyed in the flood, so I need to work with a financial person to proceed. I have no idea what my tax bill or loss of will be for 2015. Do I pay what I paid in 2014? The extension ask for a balance due on the extension of time.....I have no idea what this will be. Help how do I proceed
mary lynn payne ***@******.***
Category: Tax
Expert:  Stephen G. replied 6 months ago.
First of all I'm sorry to hear of your loss; I can't begin to imagine how terrible that must have been and I'm sure still is to a great extent.First of all, let me say that the tax law is somewhat liberal in this area.Was any of your loss covered by insurance and if so, what is the status of that at this point?
Just Checking in....................Do you have any follow-up questions?If not, please remember to rate my response as that is the only way we receive credit for our work.Steve G.