Stephen G.
Stephen G., Sr Income Tax Expert
Experience:  Extensive Experience with Tax, Financial & Estate Issues

I electronically filed my tax with h&r block Irs issued my

Customer Question

I electronically filed my tax with h&r block Irs issued my refund but h&r block sent it to h&r block emerald unsecured credit card which my husband owed some money. My husband has passed away so he can't take care of this Can h&r block do this?
Category: Tax
Expert:  Stephen G. replied 6 months ago.
It sounds like they did it?You say you talked to H&R Block, what did they say?Possibly you inadvertently signed something that authorized them to do this or they did it this way in the past when you filed a joint return with your husband?How much was the refund that was diverted?
Just Checking in....................Do you have any follow-up questions?If not, please remember to rate my response as that is the only way we receive credit for our work.Steve G.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
are u gonna charge me another $38. if so I don't want to talk
First of all, I didn't charge you anything; nor have I received anything;I'm perfectly happy to assist you if you wish; unless you provide a rating, I don't receive anything; we offer a 100% satisfaction guarantee, no questions asked; so if you are not satisfied all you need to do is contact customer service and request a refund.We don't get involved with the financial arrangements between the site and our customers; in fact, we don't even have access to that information;We are users at this site just like you are; only on the other side of the desk; so it is totally up to you how we proceed or whether we proceed at all; you should not be charged again based upon anything that we do here;Steve G.