Lev
Lev, Tax Advisor
Experience:  Taxes, Immigration, Labor Relations
870116

Senecal just filed my K1 with IRS and what to disolve

Customer Question

***** ***** senecal just filed my K1 with IRS and what to disolve my LLC partnership .Who do i call in New york state.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I bought my partner out and i am now sole propritor and dont need a LLC.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Tax Professionals generally expect a deposit of about $32 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Lev replied 8 months ago.
Hi and welcome to our site!First of all - you will need to file a FINAL tax return for the partnership - you will use form 1065 - and check the box FINAL.All assets must be distributed and all accounts should become zero.
Expert:  Lev replied 7 months ago.
All assets must be distributed and all accounts should become zero.Specifically for NY filing - see these pagehttps://www.tax.ny.gov/bus/doingbus/ending_business.htmHere are Articles of dissolutionhttp://www.dos.ny.gov/forms/corporations/1366-f-l-a.pdfThat you need to file with New York State Department of State.I appreciate if you take a moment to rate the answer.Experts are ONLY credited when answers are rated positively.If you still have any doubts, need clarification - please be sure to ask.I am here to help you with all tax related issues.