Lev
Lev, Tax Advisor
Experience:  Taxes, Immigration, Labor Relations
870116

JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details

Customer Question

***** *****,
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Does a car leasing company claim depreciation expense on the auto they lease out
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Tax Professionals generally expect a deposit of about $32 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Lev replied 8 months ago.
Your income is taxable for both states.For Michigan income is taxable because it is from Michigan sources - and that is regardless if you a resident or nonresident in that state.For Ohio - you are taxed on all your worldwide income regardless of its source - just because you are a resident of that state.
Expert:  Lev replied 8 months ago.
The filing procedure generally would be as following- you prepare your Michigan tax return as a nonresident - and determine your tax liability.- then you prepare your Ohio tax returnHowever you will be able to claim a credit for taxes paid to other states (Michigan ) - thus effectively will avoid double taxation of the same income.See herehttps://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/2787660-ohio-credit-for-tax-paid-to-other-states..I appreciate if you take a moment to rate the answer.Experts are ONLY credited when answers are rated positively.If you still have any doubts, need clarification - please be sure to ask.I am here to help you with all tax related issues.