Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4
Experience:  15years with H & R Block. Divisional leader, Instructor
14155347

Is Oklahoma law enforcement retirement system or Oklahoma teachers

Customer Question

is Oklahoma law enforcement retirement system or Oklahoma teachers retirement system required to RMD
Category: Tax
Expert:  Robin D. replied 8 months ago.
HelloThe RMD rules apply to all employer sponsored retirement plans, including:profit-sharing plans, 401(k) plans, 403(b) plans, and 457(b) plans.The teacher's plan is a 403b plan so it is under RMD rules.The RMD rules also apply to traditional IRAs and IRA-based plans such as SEPs, SARSEPs, and SIMPLE IRAs.The RMD rules also apply to Roth 401(k) accounts. However, the RMD rules do not apply to Roth IRAs while the owner is alive.You are required to click a positive rating if I am to be credited with the response.You have to actively click on a rating and click submit. Smiley Faces or Stars.
Expert:  Robin D. replied 8 months ago.
Checking to see if you responded
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
You answered HALF of the question I asked - about teachers retirement. You did not answer about the other half - Oklahoma Law enforcement retirement pay.
Expert:  Robin D. replied 8 months ago.
I read that Oklahoma was switching to 401k for police, is the plan a 401k, 403(b) plan, or 457(b) plan?If not then no RMD applies.
Expert:  Robin D. replied 8 months ago.
I am thinking it is none of those types, is that correct?
Expert:  Robin D. replied 8 months ago.
Checking to see if you responded again.