Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq., Tax Attorney
Experience:  10 years experience
16356563

If I sell a flip property under a sole member LLC where do

Customer Question

If I sell a flip property under a sole member LLC where do I report the income on the tax return. I have also flipped on under my personal name.
JA: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more so we can help you best.
Customer: If I sell a flip property under a sole member LLC where do I report the income on the tax return. I have also flipped on under my personal name.
JA: Anything else I can tell the Accountant before I connect you two?
Customer: no really
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Accountant about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Tax
Expert:  emc011075 replied 1 year ago.
Hi. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you. If you LLC is in business of flipping houses, than you report it on schedule C. For tax purposes, single member LLC is treated as disregarded entity. Which means you and the LLC is the same person/entity, unlike a corporations where a corporation and its shareholders are separate persons/entities. It doesn't matter if you use your name is ***** ***** your social security number or LLC EIN, it will all be reported on one schedule C as long as your LLC engages in flipping houses.