Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq., Tax Attorney
Experience:  10 years experience

Need to know how to treat a lump sum pension distribution

Customer Question

***** ***** need to know how to treat a lump sum pension distribution from England
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Returned to US got lump sum and need to decide if income is tax at us rates
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Tax Professionals generally expect a deposit of about $32 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Lev replied 6 months ago.
Please verify - if you are US citizen Or US resident alien?Are you a resident of the US or you are UK residentYou are asking about reporting UK lump sum pension distribution on your US tax return - correct?