Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4
Experience:  15years with H & R Block. Divisional leader, Instructor

I frequently send money and school tuition for

Customer Question

I frequently send money for support and school tuition for two young men in Haiti. Typically about 1000 per year per kid. Is this tax deductible and how?
Category: Tax
Expert:  Robin D. replied 6 months ago.
HelloYou are not allowed to deduct gifts made to individuals. Because the amounts are below the annual limit for gifts ($14000 to any one person in the year) you are not required to report the gifts either.If the money was given first to a recognized US charitable organization you could claim the amount if you used Schedule A to itemize.I wish I could tell you differently.Please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. Thank you!
Expert:  Robin D. replied 6 months ago.
Checking to see if you responded