Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent
Experience:  18+ years of experience in tax preparation; 25+ years of experience as a real estate/corporate paralegal.
71603090

I normally file my taxes married but we haven't filed 12,13,14

Customer Question

I normally file my taxes married but we haven't filed 12,13,14 taxes yet now we are separated and going to divorce we filed extension can I file myself
Category: Tax
Expert:  Barbara replied 8 months ago.
Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.You can use the married filing separate filing status to file yourself, but that is the LEAST ADVANTAGEOUS filing status.I strongly suggest you file married filing jointly and catch up on filing your prior year tax returns.Please let me know if I can assist you further.Thank you and best regards,Barb
Expert:  Barbara replied 8 months ago.
Just following up with you to see if you have any other questions or concerns. If so, please come back to me here, and I will be happy to assist you.Best regards,Barb