How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Barbara Your Own Question
Barbara, Enrolled Agent
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 3027
Experience:  18+ years of experience in tax preparation; 25+ years of experience as a real estate/corporate paralegal.
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Barbara is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I normally file my taxes married but we haven't filed 12,13,14

Customer Question

I normally file my taxes married but we haven't filed 12,13,14 taxes yet now we are separated and going to divorce we filed extension can I file myself
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Barbara replied 11 months ago.
Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.You can use the married filing separate filing status to file yourself, but that is the LEAST ADVANTAGEOUS filing status.I strongly suggest you file married filing jointly and catch up on filing your prior year tax returns.Please let me know if I can assist you further.Thank you and best regards,Barb
Expert:  Barbara replied 10 months ago.
Just following up with you to see if you have any other questions or concerns. If so, please come back to me here, and I will be happy to assist you.Best regards,Barb