How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Stephen G. Your Own Question
Stephen G.
Stephen G., Sr Income Tax Expert
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 7009
Experience:  Extensive Experience with Tax, Financial & Estate Issues
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Stephen G. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Lauretta is my name. my question is how do I correct tax

Customer Question

Lauretta is my name . my question is how do I correct tax deposit made in the wrong quarter
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I made payroll tax deposit through EFtps for the second quarter that should have been made for the 1st quarter. Its the end of the quarter and I need to know how do I make the correction.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Tax Professionals generally expect a deposit of about $32 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Stephen G. replied 1 year ago.

Which year are you referring to?

2016? When did you make the deposit?

Expert:  Stephen G. replied 1 year ago.

–ContactIRS/ITG and request payment movement

You can contact the IRS by telephone at a special number for the Electronic Payments and have the deposit moved from one quarter to another.

This is the number to use to minimize the wait time.

(###) ###-####/p>
Expert:  Stephen G. replied 1 year ago.

If you have any additional questions or would like to discuss this further, please let me know.

If not, please remember to rate my response as that is the only way we receive credit for our work.

Thanks very much,

Steve G.

Related Tax Questions