Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4
Experience:  15years with H & R Block. Divisional leader, Instructor

I have to find out more information before I proceed......I

Customer Question

I have to find out more information before I proceed......I do taxes, and my client says it is qualified, which I feel it is, too.....but it it is way too late for me to find out more information. I think I used your service a few years ago and was pleased.....I'll have to get back to you...thank you
Category: Tax
Expert:  Lane replied 7 months ago.

Let me know how we can help

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I have client with 1099R. Code T. $60,000. Only box 1 is filled in. It is total distribution, taxable amount unknown. Box 7 is marked "T". It was a Roth IRA. My program is making it taxable ? I don't think it should be. Should I contact software company or do you have any suggestions. I could just list it as rollover, however it is not
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
You there ?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Please do not charge my card until I get answer. I used this service before but forgot how it works. You have my card on file. I hope nothing was charged. Thanks
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
You there?
Expert:  Robin D. replied 6 months ago.

Roth IRA distribution, exception applies is the meaning of Code T. They used T for the distribution from the Roth IRA because they didn't know if the five-year holding period had been met and the participant: has reached age 59 1/2, or died, or is disabled.

If your system is not accepting then have you tried manually entering 0 as taxable?

Expert:  Robin D. replied 6 months ago.

Checking to see if you responded.