Lane
Lane, JD, CFP, MBA, CRPS
Experience:  Law Degree, specialization in Tax Law and Corporate Law, CFP and MBA, Providing Financial & Tax advice since 1986
1929974

I sold a lot that given to me and my wife .we put the money

Customer Question

I sold a lot that given to me and my wife .we put the money in a 1031 and bought rent housing if I sell the what would be my taxs
Category: Tax
Expert:  Lane replied 8 months ago.

...

The gain( sales price - purchase price) will be added to the gain that you would have happened on the lot sale had you not DONE the 1031.

...

What you do when you execute a 1031 like-kind exchange is just DEFER (put off) the gain ... but that gain follows into (will be added to the sale of) the replacement property.

...

UNLESS another 1031 exchange is done

Expert:  Lane replied 8 months ago.

...

I hope this has helped.

...

Please let me know if you have any questions at all.

...

If this HAS helped, and you DON’T have other questions … I'd really appreciate a positive rating (using the rating request, faces, or stars on your screen)

...

That’s the only way JustAnswer will credit us for the work here.

...

Thank you!

Lane

I hold a JD (Juris Doctorate, a doctoral degree in the law), with concentration in Tax Law, Estate law & Corporate law, an MBA, with specialization in finance & tax, as well as CFP® and CRPS designations. - I’ve been providing financial, Social Security & Medicare, estate, corporate & tax advice since 1986.