PhillipsEsq
PhillipsEsq, Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

If begin selling in the states, what kind of tax laws will I

Customer Question

If begin selling in the states, what kind of tax laws will I need to follow? Also if I send many of my products to a US Warehouse and have them ship the items out for me how will everything work. Do I need to pay to get them over the border, and then charge them US tax in each state? I am selling from Canada.
Category: Tax
Expert:  PhillipsEsq replied 8 months ago.

If begin selling in the states, what kind of tax laws will I need to follow?

Response 1: Sales taxes for each State.

Also if I send many of my products to a US Warehouse and have them ship the items out for me how will everything work. Do I need to pay to get them over the border, and then charge them US tax in each state? I am selling from Canada.

Response 2: This would depend on your arrangement with the warehouse.

Kindly give a positive rating to my post so that I can receive credit for answering your question—so that part of the deposit that you already paid to the site can be transferred to me. You are not charged extra for doing this.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Ok so if I want to sell to the United States, I probably would need to register my business there and then start charging sale tax for each State. Is that correct?
Also if the products are already in the states I am probably obligated to charge sale tax. Is this correct?
I will gladly give you a 5 star rating once I feel I understand the topic.
Thank You