Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq., Tax Attorney
Experience:  10 years experience
16356563

I owed an S corporation in MIhcigan that shut dpwn and no

Customer Question

i owed an S corporation in MIhcigan that shut dpwn and no longer exists in the state of Michigan. I reeived a bill for taxes due from 2009 - long after the corporation was closed. Taxes were paid at the time of the return but the state said that after review of the return there is a balance due. I had a tax firm complete the tax returns. The company is no longer in operation. As the sole officer, are we responsible for the state of Michigan tax debt?
JA: The Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: not yet
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should be aware of?
Customer: no
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Anne replied 8 months ago.

Hi

I'm Anne. I've been preparing taxes for 28 years and I'll be happy to help you.

Was this for sales tax by chance?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
no it was the single business tax for michigan on an s corp - it looks like the tax amount was paid but they charged penalties and interest after the fact.
Expert:  Anne replied 8 months ago.

When did you pay the taxes? In what year?