Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq., Tax Attorney
Experience:  10 years experience
16356563

We have used TurboTax and have never had any problems. This

Customer Question

We have used TurboTax for years and have never had any problems. This year we should have deductions for purchase of a truck, a horse trailer, training etc. and it isn't allowing the deductions to be put in. My husband tried to change one truck from the farm use and put the one that we bought in it's place. We still have both trucks. Only one will be for farm use. He thinks, that might be what is messing up the whole thing.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Anne replied 8 months ago.

Hi

I'm Anne. I've been preparing taxes for 28 years and I'll be happy to help you.

Have your husband leave the original truck, and enter the horse trailer, and any other depreciable asset other than the new truck and see if it takes those entries. (I'm assuming you are preparing a Schedule F for Farming?)

Please let me know if you are able to enter the new assets.

Expert:  Anne replied 8 months ago.

I hadn't heard from you, but the reason I suggested that you enter the other assets was two fold.

1-just to double check if you have the correct TT software

2-if you are able to enter everything else, then there are a couple of ways to "remove" the 1 truck and I can help you with that.