PDtax
PDtax, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Experience:  35 years tax experience, including four years at a Big 4 firm.
64119565

Use tax on a it-201 ny tax return sole proprietor, where

Customer Question

for sales and use tax on a it-201 ny tax return for a sole proprietor, where should that show up on the NY return, line 59? Any ideas why it would not? a threshold not met? I entered $1000 as the amount of sales tax owed on business purchases during the year but didn't see it on the return at all.
Category: Tax
Expert:  PDtax replied 1 year ago.

Hi from Just Answer. I'm PDtax. I'll assist.

Expert:  PDtax replied 1 year ago.

Line 59 on the IT-201 is where that is located. Entry of the amount of purchases is only the first step.

Your tax software will open up form NY ST-140, and you will have to enter the amount of sales tax you want to pay. See page 2 of the form for business purchases of $1,000 or more subject to in-state sales tax.

Thanks again for using Just Answer. You know the drill, rating my assistance makes the system work. I'm PDtax.