Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent
Experience:  18+ years of experience in tax preparation; 25+ years of experience as a real estate/corporate paralegal.
71603090

Is income earned in the U.S. by a individual on an A-2 Visa

Customer Question

Is income earned in the U.S. by a individual on an A-2 Visa subject to U.S. income tax?
JA: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more so we can help you best.
Customer: Hungarian Citizen works in U.S. for Hungarian Consulate in NYC on an A-2 Visa. earns a nominal $5,000 of income. Is this income as a diplomat subject to income tax in the U.S.
JA: Is there anything else the Accountant should be aware of?
Customer: Yes, this A-2 Visa Diplomat was married to a U.S. person in 2015
JA: Our top Accountant is ready to take your case. Just pay the $5 fully refundable deposit and I'll fill the Accountant in on everything we've discussed. You can go back and forth with the Accountant until you're 100% satisfied. We guarantee it.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Barbara replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

Exemption from U.S. income tax is limited to professional salaries earned by the sending government (in this case, Hungary).

http://www.state.gov/ofm/tax/c62173.htm

Please let me know if you require further information or clarification.

Thank you and best regards,

Barb