Tax.appeal.168
Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant
Experience:  3+ decades of varied tax industry exp. Tax Biz owner
58285678

I filed a simple irs tax return through H&R Block. 21 days i

Customer Question

I filed a simple irs tax return through H&R Block. 21 days i was suppose to have a refund electronically filed. after 35 working days I still got no refund. after many attempts to try and contact someone they told me that they were sending me a form for an attachment of some kind. I waited all week for this form to come and had to call them back because it did not arrive. they told me it takes four weeks just for me to receive this letter. then I would assume it would take another eight weeks just to get my return. that would put my return into June. so to review they accepted my return on the end of January and I will get my return in June. can legal help work for me in this situation because I owe no one any money? Gerald ******, ***@******.***
Category: Tax
Expert:  Tax.appeal.168 replied 8 months ago.

Something doesn't sound right there. It could be that you are not dealing with a reputable business. I am not saying that all H&R Blocks are bad apples, but this one sounds like one. Unless there is an issue, it usually does not take more than 2-3 weeks to receive a refund from an electronically filed return. Was the refund supposed to go directly to your account, or did you use the bank product offered by H&R Block whereas they issue you a check?

You can ask to talk to a supervisor at the location where you had your return prepared. Also check the IRS webpage Where's My Refund for a refund status check. Webpage link below;

https://www.irs.gov/Refunds

If after checking the Where is my refund page, you don't see the status, something is wrong. I would hold off on taking any legal action at this point. Check the Where's my refund page first. If you get no answers there, speak to a supervisor at the location where you had the return done. If still no results, then I would say contact the Attorney General office and report the business.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance to you regarding this matter. If all is clear, please positively rate my response 3 or more stars so that I can receive credit for assisting you today.