How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask emc011075 Your Own Question
emc011075, Tax adviser
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 2568
Experience:  IRS licensed Enrolled Agent and tax instructor
Type Your Tax Question Here...
emc011075 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I filed my taxes using turbo tax and form 8962 was not

Customer Question

I filed my taxes using turbo tax and form 8962 was not filed. I need to get back into my file so form 8962 can be filled in so I can send to the irs.
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  emc011075 replied 11 months ago.

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you.

If including 8962 will change the outcome of the return (your refund will increase or decrease), you will need to amend it. If it doesn't, you can just mail 8962 and the second page of 1040A with the notice. Open your return in Turbo tax, print the return as already filed, add the missing 1095A and compare the result. If it changed, close the File without saving it, open it again, select amended return and re-enter 1095A. Print, sign and mail with the notice.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
okay I will try that, if I have anymore questions I will be in touch. Thank-You
Expert:  emc011075 replied 11 months ago.

You're welcome. Is there anything else I can help you with today?

And if this answered your question, please take a moment to rate my response so that I may receive credit for assisting you today. You find the rating bar on the top of the page – 5 stars. However, if you need clarification, or want to discuss this issue further, let me know. Thank you.