emc011075, Tax adviser
Experience:  IRS licensed Enrolled Agent and tax instructor

I filed my taxes using turbo tax and form 8962 was not

Customer Question

I filed my taxes using turbo tax and form 8962 was not filed. I need to get back into my file so form 8962 can be filled in so I can send to the irs.
Category: Tax
Expert:  emc011075 replied 7 months ago.

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you.

If including 8962 will change the outcome of the return (your refund will increase or decrease), you will need to amend it. If it doesn't, you can just mail 8962 and the second page of 1040A with the notice. Open your return in Turbo tax, print the return as already filed, add the missing 1095A and compare the result. If it changed, close the File without saving it, open it again, select amended return and re-enter 1095A. Print, sign and mail with the notice.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
okay I will try that, if I have anymore questions I will be in touch. Thank-You

You're welcome. Is there anything else I can help you with today?

And if this answered your question, please take a moment to rate my response so that I may receive credit for assisting you today. You find the rating bar on the top of the page – 5 stars. However, if you need clarification, or want to discuss this issue further, let me know. Thank you.