Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq., Tax Attorney
Experience:  10 years experience

My business has been incorporated since April 2005, however

Customer Question

My business has been incorporated since April 2005, however my husband and I at the time opened another business. My previous CPA had stopped practicing in 2007. I have been in business with my main one since 1999, incorporing as an s Corp in 2005. To try to sum this up, I actually opened in 1999. My accountant that my now ex husband acquired in that period would not produce my tax records. I had him subpoenaed by my attorney and he was still unable to produce any records. I suppose what I am trying to say is though I showed a loss for those years, it appears I am going to incurr a hefty fine. In my divorce papers my ex husband not only gets a large amount of money from me monthly, I let him have our home, our rental property and I assumed all debts. Can you help me?
Stephanie Pinto ***@******.*** (###) ###-####
Category: Tax
Expert:  Barbara replied 7 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

Your question is not clear about what your issue is. A hefty fine for what? Not filing tax returns for the S corp?

Please be more specific so I can help you.

Best regards,