Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4
Experience:  15years with H & R Block. Divisional leader, Instructor
14155347

I have a very small recruiting business and in 2015 asked me

Customer Question

I have a very small recruiting business and in 2015 asked me to invoice a client for her because she didn't have her systems up and going. The invoice was for $9000.00, will I have to pay any thing tax's on billing the $9000.00? I did not recieve any profit from it.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Robin D. replied 11 months ago.

Hello

If you were credited with the payment then you will want to issue a 1099MISC to who ever asked you do that favor for them.

The $9000 will be then removed from your income with the paper trail to show the real owner of the $9000.

I know rating takes an additional step and I truly appreciate it when you take the extra time!
When you actively click on a rating and click submit, that lets Just Answer know you were assisted and credits me for the time.

Checking to see if you responded