Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4
Experience:  15years with H & R Block. Divisional leader, Instructor

Are Aflac payments cancer med taxable, Received payment

Customer Question

Are Aflac payments for a cancer med taxable
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Received payment for claim for cancer medication which was over $3,000. Is this payment taxable. I did not receive a 1099
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Tax Professionals generally expect a deposit of about $32 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Robin D. replied 7 months ago.

No, the payments you receive for the cancer policy you pay for are not taxable to you.

I know rating takes an additional step and I truly appreciate it when you take the extra time!
When you actively click on a rating and click submit, that lets Just Answer know you were assisted and credits me for the time.

Expert:  Robin D. replied 7 months ago.

Checking to see if you responded