ShawnA
ShawnA, CPA, Professor, CFP. CGMA, Business Consultant, Professor, PFS I have decades of experience answering these questions.
Experience:  CPA, Professor, CFP. CGMA, Business Consultant, Professor, PFS I have decades of experience answering these questions.
15641319

We are a US company opening an office in Hong Kong and

Customer Question

We are a US company opening an office in Hong Kong and setting up a new payroll with ADP. They have asked us for an Employer Tax Number. I am looking for the form to apply for an Employer Tax Number in Hong Kong.
JA: Hi Hong Kong. The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more so we can help you best.
Customer: We are a US company opening an office in Hong Kong and setting up a new payroll with ADP. They have asked us for an Employer Tax Number. I am looking for the form to apply for an Employer Tax Number in Hong Kong.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Accountant should know?
Customer: We do already have our Hong Kong business certificate.
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Accountant about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Tax
Expert:  ShawnA replied 8 months ago.

Hello. If I understand your issue you require a tax id number in Hong Kong as opposed o the one you have here in the United States. Is that correct?

Expert:  ShawnA replied 8 months ago.

Here is an article that I give to my clients re: Hong Kong.

http://www.ey.com/Publication/vwLUAssets/ey-doing-business-in-hong-kong-2015/$FILE/ey-doing-business-in-hong-kong-2015.pdf

Expert:  ShawnA replied 8 months ago.

http://www.ird.gov.hk/eng/pdf/ir6169.pd This is an article related to the tax id.

Expert:  ShawnA replied 8 months ago.

ird.gov.hk/eng/tax/bus.tm

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
it is a tax ID in Hong Kong that we require. We already have a Business Registration Certificate.
Expert:  ShawnA replied 8 months ago.

www.ird.gov.hk/eng/welcome.htm

Expert:  ShawnA replied 8 months ago.

Then look up tax information on the left side.