Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4
Experience:  15years with H & R Block. Divisional leader, Instructor
14155347

My efile has been rejected 3 times with this notice:

Customer Question

My efile has been rejected 3 times with this notice: SH-F1040-520-01 - Schedule H (Form 1040), 'EmployerEIN' and 'EmployerNameControlTxt' must match data in the e-File database. Can anyone help? I have tried everything and no one can help.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Robin D. replied 11 months ago.

Hello

The IRS has rejected your return because on Schedule H Employer Identification Number reported in the tax return does not match the information contained in the IRS database.

Correct the EIN that is showing on the top of the Schedule H, the IRS is telling you that the number and the name match nothing they have on file. The EIN is wrong.

If you say that the EIN you are using is the EIN that was issued by the IRS then mail in your return because the IRS computer is going to reject it every time.

Do not blame me please.