Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4
Experience:  15years with H & R Block. Divisional leader, Instructor
14155347

I am a graphic designer. I am on staff at one company part

Customer Question

I am a graphic designer. I am on staff at one company part time but the majority of my work is freelance. I also do all of my churches graphic design on a donation basis. I know I cannot deduct "hourly rates" or time for donations, but since I produce products like brochures, web templates etc...can I deduct the value of the completed work as a donation? It would amount to 10k + a year at least.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Robin D. replied 8 months ago.

Hello

If you have any out of pocket expenses for those brochures, web templates etc, you can include those as a charitable donation on Schedule A.

You cannot deduct the value of the brochures or web templates but any expense you have that is not reimbursed by your church is a donation. The value of the completed work is the same as your taime which is not deductible.

Please remember to rate my service excellent once you have all the information you need. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. Thank you!

Expert:  Robin D. replied 8 months ago.

Checking to see if you responded yet