Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4
Experience:  15years with H & R Block. Divisional leader, Instructor
14155347

My husband travels. On the IRS website, it is considered

Customer Question

My husband travels for work. On the IRS website, it is considered nonaccountable.
He gets a car allowance but it is considered income and he pays taxes on that. Everything is included in box 1. The question I have, is that he also gets a gas allowance and that is reported in box 1 and also in box 14(that box has his united way donations also).
Can he claim his miles???
We didn't claim the car or the miles.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Robin D. replied 8 months ago.

Hello

Your husband can claim as employee expenses any amount that he is not reimbursed for. If the expense is included in his income then he can claim that on Form 2106 and Schedule A.

The United Way Contributions are a charitable deduction that also are allowed on Schedule A.

Please remember to rate my service excellent once you have all the information you need. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. Thank you!

Expert:  Robin D. replied 8 months ago.

Checking to see if you responded