Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4
Experience:  15years with H & R Block. Divisional leader, Instructor
14155347

My grand daughter lived and worked in Ohio short time, she

Customer Question

My grand daughter lived and worked in Ohio for a short time, she has since moved back to Texas. She had HR Block do her taxes for her, both Federal and Ohio state income tax. Recently she received a letter from Ohio State Income Tax Department asking her to send them pages of her tax return and copies of all her w-2 forms. Is this normal or some kind of scam. That is a lot of personal information to send when everything has been filed already for both places.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Robin D. replied 8 months ago.

Hello

No it is not a scam. If the state of Ohio is asking for these items they are auditing her filing.

When she needs to do is go to the nearest HR Block office and bring her notice from the state of Ohio. The Ohio Department of Taxation may request W-2s periodically when conducting compliance programs.

The fact that H R Block prepared the return means they are responsible to a certain point for addressing the request form Ohio.

Expert:  Robin D. replied 8 months ago.

Checking to see if you responded