Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4
Experience:  15years with H & R Block. Divisional leader, Instructor

I just found out that there is a tax lien on me for $729

Customer Question

Hi my name is***** just found out that there is a tax lien on me for $729 could you tell me who do I need to call to find more information
JA: Hi Tom Ghishan I. The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more so we can help you best.
Customer: My bank told me that is a tax lien on me for $729 so I need to know what is it for
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Accountant should know?
Customer: To be honest I really don't know what this texting is for and I don't think it's in effect The bank Gave me my credit score and they ask me about this texting that's all I know
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Accountant about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Robin D. replied 7 months ago.

If you have a tax lien it can be federal , state, or county for property.

Each has a different procedure and different contact. If it is federal, to resolve basic and routine lien issues: verify a lien, request lien payoff amount, or release a lien, call(###) ###-####