Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq., Tax Attorney
Experience:  10 years experience

We have an activities association at the 50+ retirement park

Customer Question

We have an activities association at the 50+ retirement park where I reside. It is a registered non-profit corporation with the Arizona Corporation Commission. Are we required to pay sales tax when we purchase items, food etc. for our fund raising projects? Also are we legally required to pay tax on our profits, (gross income - expenses)?
JA: Hi Arizona Corporation Commission. The Accountant will know how to help. Is there anything else the Accountant should be aware of?
Customer: Not that I'm aware of.
JA: Our top Accountant is ready to take your case. Just pay the $5 fully refundable deposit and I'll fill the Accountant in on everything we've discussed. You can go back and forth with the Accountant until you're 100% satisfied. We guarantee it.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Stephen G. replied 7 months ago.

Have you filed anything with the IRS?

Is your organization an actual corporation or is it an association taxed as a corporation.

For example have you requested tax exempt status for federal income tax purposes?

If so, under what Internal Revenue Code Section was your organization granted tax exempt status as indicated in your exemption letter?