Megan C, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Experience:  Licensed CPA, CFE, CMA, CGMA who teaches accounting courses at Master's Level
23669918

I want to get approved loan, and i need to claim more on my

Customer Question

i want to get approved for a loan, and i need to claim more on my taxes what should i do?
Category: Tax
Expert:  Megan C replied 8 months ago.

Thank you for your question -- you cannot falsify a tax return. You should claim 100% of the income you received - no more, no less. If you are currently not claiming some income, claim it. You cannot, however, add income to your tax return. This would be fraudulent as well - especially from the banking side of things. If you falsify a tax return you can go to jail, and if you are falsifying a tax return to get a loan and trick a bank, you will have additional charges as a result of that.

I'm sorry that this isn't what you want to hear. Please let me know if you need anything additional. If not, please rate positive.