Stephen G.
Stephen G., Sr Income Tax Expert
Experience:  Extensive Experience with Tax, Financial & Estate Issues
30050794

Somehow my federal form had the state of California included

Customer Question

Somehow my federal form had the state of California included in the state forms needed. I purchased the Ohio form which I needed. Now the e-file will not work because I didn't fill out the California form , which I don't need.. How can I delete the California requirement?
Category: Tax
Expert:  Stephen G. replied 8 months ago.

What program are you using?

You have reached a Tax question & answer site, not a support site for a software tax program, but I may be able to assist you to come up with a work-around.

Otherwise you are going to have to contact your software support help line or chat. Unfortunately, that's usually an extended process, so since you're here I'll try to assist you if I can.

Did you purchase Ohio under the same account as you have the Federal & California?

You may be able to check off a Non-Resident return for CA and/or indicate that you want to file the CA return on extension in order to free up the Federal e-file.