How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Wallstreet Esq. Your Own Question
Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq., Tax Attorney
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 585
Experience:  10 years experience
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Wallstreet Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am applying husband and I have been asked by the benefit

Customer Question

I am applying for Medicaid for my husband and I have been asked by the benefit coordinator to contact H & R Block and ask the following question: Discuss with a tax consultant about being on a government program and we have to calculate our gross income. (They say we will not have the money to pay for this IRS deduction any longer) Does this make sense to you? It doesn't to me...
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  emc011075 replied 1 year ago.

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you.

It probably means that your total income is bellow the filing requirements, meaning you standard deduction and exemption is more than your total income so you do not have to file a tax return. I would need to know your total income and how much if it, if any is social security income.

Related Tax Questions