Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq., Tax Attorney
Experience:  10 years experience

I am applying husband and I have been asked by the benefit

Customer Question

I am applying for Medicaid for my husband and I have been asked by the benefit coordinator to contact H & R Block and ask the following question: Discuss with a tax consultant about being on a government program and we have to calculate our gross income. (They say we will not have the money to pay for this IRS deduction any longer) Does this make sense to you? It doesn't to me...
Category: Tax
Expert:  emc011075 replied 7 months ago.

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you.

It probably means that your total income is bellow the filing requirements, meaning you standard deduction and exemption is more than your total income so you do not have to file a tax return. I would need to know your total income and how much if it, if any is social security income.