Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent
Experience:  18+ years of experience in tax preparation; 25+ years of experience as a real estate/corporate paralegal.
71603090

Sorry, this is not about a tax issue, but another financial

Customer Question

sorry, this is not about a tax issue, but another financial problem
JA: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more so we can help you best.
Customer: problem: bought some product for skin care, do not know where my mind was, anyway, cost was $14,100.00, i used y credit cards and a checkm, went back the next day to return and have money refunded, was told there is a 20% restocking fee. so, they said they would cancel the check and gave me it back, said the credit cards would be refunded, had me sign a paper and said they would email me my copy. Did not get that in email. They said it would take 3-5 days to be taken care of. I still have to pay for restocking. I do not know how long it should have to take to refund through my credit card. Also not sure if $2830.00 is correct for restocking. So was on line trying to figure this out. I almost feel like I was scammed. I am very worried and scared about this.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Accountant should know?
Customer: No, am going to go to the place again tomorrow and then the bank. I mainly wanted to find out what is the dollar amount for 20 perecent of 14,100.00. Do you know how to figure that
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Accountant about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Barbara replied 9 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

20% of $14,100 is $2820 NOT $2830.

On your calculator, enter $14,100 x 20% or $14100 x .20. Either method will get you the answer of $2820.

Please let me know if you require further information or clarification.

Thank you and best regards,

Barb