emc011075
emc011075, Tax adviser
Experience:  IRS licensed Enrolled Agent and tax instructor
62958156

On my 2014 tax return, I had a 1098T which showed a

Customer Question

On my 2014 tax return, I had a 1098T which showed a qualified tuition and related expenses amount of $14,620 which I borrowed to attend Nursing School. I didn't add it to the tax return. Now, on the 2015 tax return, can I put that amount on my return since it was indicated on the 1098T that it was for the January - March 2015 academic period anyway.
Category: Tax
Expert:  emc011075 replied 1 year ago.

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you.

As long as the box 7 is checked, you meet the requirements and you didn't claim the credit last year (using this 1099T) you can use it in 2015. Just make sure you fill out 8863 correctly.

Expert:  emc011075 replied 1 year ago.

I see you offline now. So if this answered your question, please take a moment to rate my response so that I may receive credit for assisting you today. You find the rating bar on the top of the page – 5 stars. However, if you need clarification, or want to discuss this issue further, let me know. Thank you.