Christopher Church
Christopher Church,
Experience:  director of accounting at cablevision
92085910

I'm ***** *****, what do I do with depreciation on the

Customer Question

I'm ***** *****, what do I do with depreciation on the liability section of the balance sheet
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: it seems to be the difference from getting the balance sheet to balance. If it's in the asset section, how do I account for it in the liability section
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Tax Professionals generally expect a deposit of about $32 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Christopher Church replied 9 months ago.

Hello, I can try to help

Are you referring to accumulated depreciation?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
to make it balance I put -43,660
assets are remaining depreciation 877,620 (starting basis was 930,491) accumulated amount is $52,871)
land 166,634
Total Assets 1,000,594liabilities
non recourse loans on real estate 1,055,866
capital account -55,272
Total Liabilities and capital 1,000,594net income or loss per books this year is -33,835.
I don't think I should have to enter the -43,660 to get it to balance or do I?

It looks like your in balance without the -43,660 so you are correct. Accumulated depreciation is a contra asset that shows up in the asset section. I hope this helps, if you are satisfied with my answer please rate as positive.

Thanks

Hello, is there anything else you need? If not please rate positive as that is how I get credit

Thank you

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
It looks like the balance sheet should balance but how do I take the -43,660 out of the schedule L asset column as this would throw the total assets to liabilities line off. I don't see the balance of the columns without the adjustment. Or is there another missing detail that I am not thinking about.

please attach a copy of schedule L so I can take a look