Mark D
Mark D, Enrolled Agent
Experience:  MBA, EA, Specializing in Business and Individual Tax Returns and Issues
8056330

My daughter just sent an email that included her W-2 tax

Customer Question

My daughter just sent an email that included her W-2 tax information to the wrong email address and her personal information was attached. is there any way to get that stopped if we know who it was sent to?
Category: Tax
Expert:  Mark D replied 9 months ago.

Hello, there would be no way to "retract" an email sent to a valid email address. If it was invalid (it doesn't exist), you will get an email bounce error within a day. In the meantime, you can alert the IRS and establish a PIN to be required for anyone to file a return for her. In addition, you can Contact one of the three major credit bureaus to place a ‘fraud alert’ on your credit records:

• Equifax, www.Equifax.com, 1-***-***-****
  • Experian, www.Experian.com, 1-***-***-****
  • TransUnion, www.TransUnion.com, 1-***-***-****
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Mark,
The site where I posted my question appeared to be a tech professional at Google. I work for a bank and already have the information you supplied so I am unsatisfied with the experience and am requesting the charge placed to my credit card be credited back to me under the disclaimer advertised.
Expert:  Mark D replied 9 months ago.

Ok, I will let customer service know you wanted a tech expert