rakhi.v
rakhi.v, Tax Attorney
Experience:  Have graduated in Law with specialization & emphasis in Financial Laws and has working experience of over a decade.
43581946

Can a co-op tenant collect tax credits held by c0-op

Customer Question

can a co-op tenant collect tax credits held by c0-op management, and what is the procedure?
Category: Tax
Expert:  rakhi.v replied 9 months ago.

Dear Friend,

Hello and welcome. Thank you for providing an opportunity to assist you.

I believe you are talking about energy efficiency credits.

Condo and co-op owners can get the tax credit for energy efficiency improvements. If you own a condominium or are a tenant-stockholder in a cooperative house corporation, you are treated as having paid your proportionate share of any costs.

As a tenant, you are just considered paid proportionately. You cannot collect tax credits.

I am sure this would help.

You may please leave a positive rating if this helps as this is the only way we are compensated for assisting you. Alternatively, you may revert back with a reply if you need further assistance or if I have missed out on any aspect of your question.

Warm Regards,