How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Robin D. Your Own Question
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 15037
Experience:  15years with H & R Block. Divisional leader, Instructor
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Robin D. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My employer still has not given me a 1099MISC and I need to

Customer Question

my employer still has not given me a 1099MISC and I need to find my taxes asap. How do I find the # ***** what do I do?
JA: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: I am self preparing my taxes. I have all of my chseck stubs with pymt amt
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Accountant should know?
Customer: Vonda Bonham, atty @ law is the employer
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Accountant about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Robin D. replied 1 year ago.


If you are expecting a 1099MISC then you do not have an employer. You were an independent contractor.

You do not have to wait for that 1099MISC to file. You should have kept track of the amounts you were paid for this self employment and the expenses.

You can file your return with your Schedule C for the income and expenses and you do not need to wait for the 1099MISC.

Please remember to rate my service excellent once you have all the information you need. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. Thank you!

Expert:  Robin D. replied 1 year ago.

Did you have any other questions about this situation?

Expert:  Robin D. replied 1 year ago.

Checking back to see if you responded after you read my answer

Related Tax Questions